Everyone hates wireless dead spots. Luckily, strengthening the signal of your router isn’t hard to do. All you need is a WiFi extender– a device designed to increase the coverage area of your home WiFi network.
The people at Netgear hope that you’ll choose their N300 extender when you decide that it’s time to upgrade your WiFi network. The device gets its name from the fact that it’s built for a 300 Mbps network.
Netgear is known for making high quality routers, but how does this Wi-Fi extender measure up against the competition? Let’s take a closer look.
- Compact wall-plug design — All you need to complete the installation job is your WiFi network password.
- Backwards compatibility — Some extenders are only compatible with new N type routers, but this one is compatible with older G and B type routers as well.
- Create a 300 Mbps WiFi extension — This device will expand your WiFi network so that you can use your computer or WiFi compatible mobile devices anywhere in your house.
- Small size — This extender is very compact. It only occupies one plug. Other WiFi extenders block access to both plugs.
- Two external antennas — The two antennas enhance the range of your WiFi connection.
Our Rating: 5.0/4